BBB participates at the project “Road to the future” – towards the European elections 2019 aiming at encouraging debate among young Europeans about the European Elections 2019 and enhance their participation. Balkans Beyond Borders (in cooperation with JEF Greece) will carry out local campaign and advocacy activities before and after the EP elections.
The initiative is built in two phases: the lead-up to the European Parliament elections 2019 and their follow-up.
- Before the EP elections:
Before the European Parliament Elections, the project will train multipliers (youth activists, youth leaders, youth workers) as well as gather and develop tools and resources for them to organise local activities designed to include young voters in debates about the EU and encourage them to vote.
Main mobility events:
- a meeting with youth engagement and communication experts (Portimão, 15-18.01.2019),
- a training for facilitators and organisers of local events (Skopje, 2-9.02.2019),
- a large-scale youth exchange and event gathering approximately 2000 young people (Paris, 13-17.03.2019)
- After the EP elections:
The second phase seeks to build on the ideas collected and momentum created to ensure a long-term European-oriented youth participation. It will include a training for trainers and mentors (Werbellinsee, 22-29.06.2019), who will then organise local trainings and activities in 14 countries. These activities will be aimed at ensuring that young people gain the knowledge, competencies and tools necessary to be engaged for the future of Europe at the local level.
In the last phase of the initiative, advocacy initiatives will be organised all around Europe and the results of the project will be presented at the final conference (Brussels, December 2018/January 2020).
applications period CLOSED
Before submitting the form, please send to email@example.com your application copied in a word document.
NOTE: Valid applications are only those sent to the BBB mailbox
- Young European Federalists (JEF Europe),
- Assembly of European Regions (AER):
- Balkans Beyond Borders
- Center for Intercultural Dialogue (CID),
- DYPALL Network,
- Association Europe4Youth
- European Educational Exchanges – Youth For Understanding
- Union of European Federalists (UEF)